Investing in local schools and local kids
Families in Greenvale will benefit from the acquisition of land for the proposed Greenvale North West Primary School thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
This investment, delivered as part of the Victorian Budget 2017/18, will go towards making sure local kids get the best start in life.
The project will deliver a brand new primary school in the Yuroke electorate to cater for growing demand in the area. The Andrews Labor Government is building and upgrading a record number of schools to make sure every child has every chance to succeed.
Over the past two and a half years, the Andrews Labor Government has invested significantly in local education, including:
- Funding the acquisition of land for Aitken Hill Primary School in Craigieburn and completed the new $12 million Newbury Primary School in Craigieburn;
- Providing kids at four schools in the Yuroke electorate with a free breakfast as part of the School Breakfast Clubs Program so they can concentrate, learn and reach their full potential;
- Helping over 4,000 local kids take part in school camps and excursions in 2016 under the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund;
- Announcing that thousands of local students will have regular access to the healthcare they need at school, with both of the government secondary schools in the Yuroke electorate (Craigieburn Secondary College & Mt Ridley P-12 College) taking part in Australia’s first Doctors in Secondary Schools Program;
- Launching the Glasses for Kids program, giving kids at Roxburgh Rise Primary School access to free glasses and eye tests;
- Providing thousands of school uniforms items to local families through the Affordable School Uniforms Program.