New local schools
The Andrews Labor Government is in the process of delivering more than 10 new local schools – a groundbreaking investment in educaiton across our community.
These new facilities include seven government schools:
- Newbury Primary School (opened 2017)
- Aitken Hill Primary School (opened 2019)
- Elevation Secondary College (opened 2020)
- Gaayip-Yagila Primary School – Mickleham (opening 2021)
- Keelonith Primary School – Greenvale (opening 2021)
- Kalkallo Common Primary School (opening 2022)
- Greenvale Secondary School (opening 2022)
The Labor Government has also provided $2 million to help open Oscar Romero Catholic Primary School in Craigieburn, and has provided over $8 million in funding from the Non-Government Schools Capital Fund to build new non-government primary schools in Mickleham (opening 2022) and Greenvale (opening 2023)
Additionally, the Labor Government is acquiring land for the future Merrifield West Secondary School (interim name) – Mickleham’s first secondary school.
By comparison, the previous Liberal Government failed to open one new local school in Melbourne’s rapidly growing outer northern suburbs.
For updates on new local schools in the Yuroke electorate, be sure to like Ros’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RosSpenceMP and sign up for the monthly Community Update email newsletter at www.rosspence.com.au/news/communityupdate/