New local schools
The Andrews Labor Government is in the process of delivering a groundbreaking investment in education across our community.
These new facilities include seven government schools:
- Newbury Primary School (opened 2017)
- Aitken Hill Primary School (opened 2019)
- Elevation Secondary College – Craigieburn (opened 2020)
- Gaayip-Yagila Primary School – Mickleham (opened 2021)
- Keelonith Primary School – Greenvale (opened 2021)
- Gilgai Plains Primary School – Kalkallo (opening 2022)
- Greenvale Secondary School (opening 2022)
- Merrifield West Secondary School – Mickleham (opening 2023)
- Mount Ridley Special School – Craigieburn (opening 2023)
Additionally, the Labor Government is completely rebuilding Mickleham Primary School on an expanded site, is acquiring land for a further government primary school in Kalkallo, and will deliver a $10 million upgrade to Mount Ridley P-12 College.
The Labor Government has also provided $2 million to help open Oscar Romero Catholic Primary School in Craigieburn, and has provided over $8 million in funding from the Non-Government Schools Capital Fund to build new non-government primary schools in Mickleham (opening 2022) and Greenvale (opening 2023)
By comparison, the previous Liberal Government failed to open one new local school in Melbourne’s rapidly growing outer northern suburbs.
For updates on new local schools in the Yuroke electorate, be sure to like Ros’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RosSpenceMP and sign up for the monthly Community Update email newsletter at www.rosspence.com.au/news/communityupdate/