New local schools
The Andrews Labor Government is in the process of delivering a groundbreaking investment in education across our community.
These new facilities include more new government schools:
- Newbury Primary School (opened 2017)
- Aitken Hill Primary School (opened 2019)
- Elevation Secondary College – Craigieburn (opened 2020)
- Beveridge Primary School Ambrosia Campus – Beveridge (Opened 2020)
- Gaayip-Yagila Primary School – Mickleham (opened 2021)
- Keelonith Primary School – Greenvale (opened 2021)
- Gilgai Plains Primary School – Kalkallo (opened 2022)
- Greenvale Secondary School – Greenvale (opened 2022)
- Mickleham Secondary School – Mickleham (opened 2023)
- Wayi School – Craigieburn (opened 2023)
- Merrfield South Primary School (interim name) – Mickleham (opening 2024)
- Lockerbie Central Primary School (interim name) – Kalkallo (opening 2024)
- Lockerbie Secondary School (interim name) – Kalkallo (opening 2024)
Additionally, the Labor Government is completely rebuilding Mickleham Primary School on an expanded site, and has funded $10 million upgrade to Mount Ridley P-12 College and a $6.7 million upgrade to Wallan Primary School.
The Labor Government has also provided $5 million to open a new campus of Kolbe Catholic College in Mickleham to open at the start of 2026, and has provided over $8 million in funding from the Non-Government Schools Capital Fund to build new non-government primary schools in Craigieburn, Mickleham and Greenvale.
By comparison, the previous Liberal Government failed to open one new local school in Melbourne’s rapidly growing outer northern suburbs.
For updates on new local schools in the Yuroke electorate, be sure to like Ros’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RosSpenceMP and sign up for the monthly Community Update email newsletter at www.rosspence.com.au/news/communityupdate/
Note: Following the 2022 state election, the suburb of Greenvale has moved to the new Greenvale electorate, represented by Iwan Walters MP.