Improving public transport services
The Andrews Labor Government has delivered improved local bus services, including:
- Extending the Route 541 bus along Aitken Boulevard to Mount Ridley Road;
- Extending the Route 528 bus to Craigieburn Central via Elevation Boulevard and Waterview Boulevard;
- Extending the Route 484 bus to Cambridge Gardens in Attwood and delivering new dedicated School Special services to Aitken College and Gladstone Park Secondary College
- More morning peak services on Route 529;
- The introduction of the Route 525 bus from Donnybrook to Craigieburn via Mickleham and Kalkallo and the Route 543 bus from Greenvale Gardens to Roxburgh Park.
As part of the 2020/21 Budget, the Labor Government will fast-track a new service from Craigieburn to Mernda, as well as delivering a new School Special service from Greenvale to Craigieburn.
The Government also delivered 48 additional train services each week on the Craigieburn line, as well as 24 hour public transport services on weekends.
By comparison, the previous Liberal Government slashed bus services in our growing community.
For updates on new public transport services in the Yuroke electorate, be sure to like Ros’ Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RosSpenceMP and sign up for the monthly Community Update email newsletter at www.rosspence.com.au/news/communityupdate/