Call to honour Yuroke health volunteers
Community members in Yuroke are being encouraged to nominate inspirational health volunteers for the 2016 Minister for Health Volunteer Awards.
These awards celebrate individuals who volunteer to support the health and wellbeing of those around them, with award recipients to be recognised at special ceremony on 18 May 2016. They recognise the professionalism and innovation of volunteers around the state and across all areas of healthcare such as hospitals, ambulance services, community health, mental health and aged care.
Nominees can include individuals, teams or groups who selflessly give their time to make a difference to someone else or to a community. This could be as simple as spending time with patients at their bedside, through to promoting awareness and advocating for better care and services.
These people have a strong sense of community and are dedicated to reaching out to people in need to make their lives better.
This year’s awards will recognise the achievements of volunteers across six categories:
• Outstanding achievement by a young volunteer
• Outstanding lifetime achievement
• Outstanding achievement by a volunteer: innovation
• Outstanding achievement by a volunteer: supporting diversity
• Outstanding achievement by a volunteer: improving public health
• Outstanding achievement by a volunteer: improving the patient experience
Nominations are now open and will close on Thursday 24 March at 5pm
For more information or to nominate a volunteer please visit www.health.vic.gov.au/volunteerawards